LOG ON REQUIRED!!

Sorry, but the menu you just clicked is non-operational for anyone who is not logged in. Already a member? Log on here. Not a member? Register here. There's lots to see and do once you are signed in!

Subscription required!

The Wiki and the VIN Decoder are accessible by subscribed members only. If you are subscribed, you can also choose to hide the WIKI/VIN panel and Quick Links menu

If you would like to subscribe, or simply see more information about subscribing, please click here

Edit your...

Find my posts

PM Options

Edit your...

View Memberlist by....

QUICK LINKS

drivers memory seat

This is a free T4 Operator / owner finding service offered to all owners of 75 / ZT cars.
The map has been set up by Phil-T4 to help owners and he has given us permission to make it available to all.

drivers memory seat

Post Number:#1  Post by 9060davidj » August 25th, 2019, 12:44

hi to all
I have fitted leather seats with memory to my 75 and I need to change the zcs codes how do I manually enter the new gm sa and vn codes
david
9060davidj

Member No: 1577
9060davidj's car profile

drivers memory seat

Post Number:#2  Post by Duncan » August 25th, 2019, 7:40

I assume you have a T4 in order to do this..

1. Disconnect the engine ECU, and fit an instrument pack from another car.
2. Start your T4 diagnostic session. The T4 will get confused because nothing matches, and ask if you want to input codes manually.
3. Reconnect the original instrument pack, and enter the new codes (with check digits) into the T4.
4. Reconnect the engine ECU.

This is a brief summary of the steps. If you need the detail steps they are available, but do you have the T4 and the ability to calculate the new codes including the check digits?

All of that said, changing the ZCS for memory seats will only add the seats to the T4 diagnostics list. They will operate fine without any ZCS code changes.
Duncan
Tech Team

Member No: 17
Region: West Midlands and Worcester
Duncan's car profile

drivers memory seat

Post Number:#3  Post by ceedy » August 26th, 2019, 2:28

My 260 leathers were just plug N play...... does the T4ing just add the Key relationship? if there is any :lol:

c
ceedy

Member No: 73
Location: V8'ing,Dieseling and sometimes 1.8Turboing down the Somerset / Dorset Border @ DT9 5E?
Region: West Country
ceedy's car profile

drivers memory seat

Post Number:#4  Post by Duncan » August 29th, 2019, 8:28

ceedy (view post) wrote:My 260 leathers were just plug N play...... does the T4ing just add the Key relationship? if there is any :lol:

c

It would also enable diagnostics with T4. If they aren't coded T4 won't try to talk to them. It's only really when things are removed without recoding that trouble starts because T4 tries to talk to something that isn't there.
Duncan
Tech Team

Member No: 17
Region: West Midlands and Worcester
Duncan's car profile

Return to T4 Services