LOG ON REQUIRED!!

Sorry, but the menu you just clicked is non-operational for anyone who is not logged in. Already a member? Log on here. Not a member? Register here. There's lots to see and do once you are signed in!

Subscription required!

The Wiki and the VIN Decoder are accessible by subscribed members only. If you are subscribed, you can also choose to hide the WIKI/VIN panel and Quick Links menu

If you would like to subscribe, or simply see more information about subscribing, please click here

Edit your...

Find my posts

PM Options

Edit your...

View Memberlist by....

QUICK LINKS

Remote diagnostics via internet

This is a free T4 Operator / owner finding service offered to all owners of 75 / ZT cars.
The map has been set up by Phil-T4 to help owners and he has given us permission to make it available to all.

Post Number:#16  Post by vitesse » March 1st, 2014, 7:39

Decided it was about time I said hello on here. I was the first overseas guinea pig on the other end of KDA4G's Remote Link and have nothing but praise for his efforts and the successful T4 session I received on my driveway some 2 hours north of Stockholm.

If it wasn't for his (and the T4 operator's) help I would have been without hope. The local T4 garage failed, the Bosch centre failed, these guys succeeded.

I understand there are some reservations but many modern cars are now equipped with remote diagnostics and if you are over a 1000 miles from the nearest "proper" T4 operator then this project is a lifeline.

Regards
vitesse

Member No: 237
vitesse's car profile

Post Number:#17  Post by ARTTICZION » June 7th, 2014, 11:58

Excellent work and a big thank you all involved in this project, your time and effort is most appreciated by R75 owners I would say am I right is also saying this is now a full goer ? and several remote links have been held with fantastic results, how many T4 gurus/owners can actually perform this process now, and do we know whom they are.

Is a 160 upgrade for the diesel possible using this remote link ? cheers Artticzion
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

Stainless Steel Handbrake Compensators For Sale / Exchange
Stainless Steel Handbrake Compensators Installation Guide
ARTTICZION

Member No: 60
Region: West Midlands and Worcester
ARTTICZION's car profile

Post Number:#18  Post by DaveyC » June 7th, 2014, 4:05

ARTTICZION wrote:Is a 160 upgrade for the diesel possible using this remote link ? cheers Artticzion

Just beat me to asking the very same question :DD :steer: :steer:
2003 MK1 MG ZT-T CDTi in Trophy Blue
DaveyC

Member No: 349
DaveyC's car profile

Post Number:#19  Post by sworks » June 13th, 2014, 6:28

I think the 160 update is carried out with the ecu off the car
Current custodian of 'Marmite', a rather special trophy yellow 75 tourer Contemporary SE. A JCG converted SPI Mini Cooper S works number 1, a late registered 75 classic and not forgetting the R8 coupe,
sworks

Member No: 103
sworks's car profile

Post Number:#20  Post by RatSalad » June 13th, 2014, 6:33

When Phil did mine it was the first one he'd done with the ECU in situ so they no longer have to be removed :)
John
RatSalad

Member No: 321
RatSalad's car profile

Post Number:#21  Post by yargnitram » February 27th, 2015, 12:38

would be great here in new Zealand,how do we join up/pay access fees etc a project worthwhile,
yargnitram

Member No: 962
yargnitram's car profile

Post Number:#22  Post by vitesse » March 1st, 2015, 9:51

Most worthwhile but unfortunately dormant as none of the guru T4 owners stepped forward. The only T4 owner who contributed time/effort was the ever helpful Ed (Rover54). Don’t know where Ed is at present but he’ll be around somewhere helping owners as he has always done.

Your question of access fees comes at an appropriate moment: the owners of this forum are calling for donations and raising the subject of subscriptions.

I believe you feel as I do. This project is a kind of insurance and worth paying for, especially for us overseas owners. I already pay membership fees to my local Rover Club but having had my car restored to full functionality by the remote link (T4) would consider such insurance essential.

Suggest you send a PM to KDA4G (the remote link developer) as he can provide more information.
vitesse

vitesse's car profile

Post Number:#23  Post by Duncan » March 1st, 2015, 10:03

I'm not really sure what you are saying Vitesse. I do own a T4 but am not any kind of Guru. I've never been asked to provide any time or effort but have contributed to the discussion. Personally I have helped many people with my T4, and never charged any kind of fee, ever. I hope that's OK?
Duncan
Tech Team

Member No: 17
Duncan's car profile

Post Number:#24  Post by vitesse » March 1st, 2015, 10:57

Sorry Duncan not directed at you, or even this forum. This all took place when the three of us were on the OC forum and shortly afterwards. Please keep on helping people with your T4

Regards
vitesse

vitesse's car profile

Post Number:#25  Post by ozzie » August 30th, 2015, 5:18

Hi from Downunder.....would the T4 Project stretch to use in Australia? When I purchased my 75, I found the "key code", but a change of battery didn't "activate" the remote features. Regretfully, the previous owner didn't get the "radio" code written on the original card", so disconnecting the battery will only keep it "alive" by connecting a 12V source across the disconnected battery cables, BEFORE disconnecting the battery. Finding a T4 in Ozz is about as difficult as finding 3 or 4 middle order batsmen!! :oops: Cheers, Ozzie
ozzie

Member No: 1125
ozzie's car profile

Post Number:#26  Post by Paul » August 30th, 2015, 10:45

Sometimes you might find the code on the radio once you get it out. Think there are people advertising on eBay who can generate the code.

And surely finding a T4 in Oz is not as difficult as you make out :)

Going on to the other difficulty you mention, when Clarke announced his retirement the news media here were gushing about Clarke. I then looked at the Sydney Morning Herald website and they seemed to have a completely different view of him.
A turkey is for Christmas not for life
Paul

Member No: 1018
Region: Lincolnshire and Norfolk
Paul's car profile

Post Number:#27  Post by ozzie » August 30th, 2015, 11:38

Indeed, Michael Clarke has been an outstanding Captain, Batsman & Ambassador for the game.......I think his "retirement" has come as a bit of a "non-event".....the writing has been on the wall. However, I was thinking of the rest of the Australian middle order which is now extremely fragile, but will come good in time, but right at the minute, they are looking "shaky". :wink: the place I purchased the vehicle from has a T4....but they're 500 miles away in Melbourne :steer:
ozzie

Member No: 1125
ozzie's car profile

Previous Page

Return to T4 Services