LOG ON REQUIRED!!

Sorry, but the menu you just clicked is non-operational for anyone who is not logged in. Already a member? Log on here. Not a member? Register here. There's lots to see and do once you are signed in!

Subscription required!

The Wiki and the VIN Decoder are accessible by subscribed members only. If you are subscribed, you can also choose to hide the WIKI/VIN panel and Quick Links menu

If you would like to subscribe, or simply see more information about subscribing, please click here

Edit your...

Find my posts

PM Options

Edit your...

View Memberlist by....

QUICK LINKS

New 75&ZT Enthusiasts' Project

Info on all the projects 75 & ZT Enthusiasts are currently involved with...

Post Number:#16  Post by Mofo » February 3rd, 2014, 11:10

Excellent - I fancy a Tourer, not sure how I'll sneak one past SWMBO though..... good to see this one find a new home!
Driver of MG Commission Number:343, an MG ZT 190+ V6

Owner & Operator of the fantabulous Mofo's Parts Emporium

If you have any parts requests, please PM me
Mofo

Member No: 39
Region: North East
Mofo's car profile

Post Number:#17  Post by Bolin » February 4th, 2014, 12:41

Great stuff! So you won it today and got it home today too? That's a man of action!

And it even has the 2004 Connoisseur cloth seats - one day it'll be the only example left that hasn't had retrofitted leather :lol:

Zeb wrote:Ah but the 10 made were all part of the same 'special order' so a bit of a mystery as to why they were made!

You can enquire to DVLA about a car's history, copies of old V5s etc. I think it is form V88. For the reason, just tell them that is is a car club project, rare car etc, part of a batch and you want to know the history to help tell the car's story for when it is on display at events etc. Still to do this for my Rover though, but have done it for my other car.
One of Britain's Fine Cars
Bolin
Rep for Hampshire

Member No: 64
Region: Hampshire
Bolin's car profile

Post Number:#18  Post by Zeb » February 5th, 2014, 12:02

Thanks Colin. We will look into it all!

In the meantime...Jake and I have hoovered and washed the car and had a good look over her...she is in fantastic condition for the age with just a few stone chips, one scratch on the driver's door and foggy headlights to sort out...and the electrical fault! That said, the car gave up some big clues as to what might be going on. ;-)
Zeb
Site Admin

Member No: 2
Zeb's car profile

Post Number:#19  Post by Suffolk Boy » February 5th, 2014, 11:14

Zeb wrote:Thanks Colin. We will look into it all!

In the meantime...Jake and I have hoovered and washed the car and had a good look over her...she is in fantastic condition for the age with just a few stone chips, one scratch on the driver's door and foggy headlights to sort out...and the electrical fault! That said, the car gave up some big clues as to what might be going on. ;-)

plenum full of water by chance.or a sticker saying ecu doctor ? :shrug:
ztt the pampered one no longer with me.now replaced with bessie the conny .bmw 16.9 bm54 bmw hybrid tv .bmw bluetooth.
Suffolk Boy
Rep for Suffolk & Cambridge

Member No: 24
Region: Suffolk and Cambridgeshire
Suffolk Boy's car profile

Post Number:#20  Post by Zeb » February 5th, 2014, 11:20

The car came with a bill dated 21st Jan 2014 for £631 - which included repair of the ECU after it drowned and burnt out two coils. So we can assume that the ECU is sound - though possibly needs recoding? - Anyhow, we have a Canbus error and a car that started and ran once after the ecu repair and then wouldn't start again. We also have an aftermarket radio which won't switch off and an ipk that came to life as Jake removed it to check the wiring.. the ignition was off at the time.
Zeb
Site Admin

Zeb's car profile

Post Number:#21  Post by Zeb » February 6th, 2014, 7:49

Ok, so a new clue. The battery was recharged overnight the night the car arrived. Today the battery is completely dead..not even a flicker on the ipk, so something is draining it big time!
Zeb
Site Admin

Zeb's car profile

Post Number:#22  Post by Zeb » February 8th, 2014, 3:18

Battery is discharging at 2 amp hours compared to my 190 at 0.15 amp hours. The radio has been removed and the car is showing 5 pending faults - all seem to be related to the car being in several bits right now. :-) I disconnected the fuse to the tow bar but this didn't stop the battery drain.

P0340 - Camshaft position sensor malfunction

P0107 - MAP / BARO circuit low input

P0113 - IAT sensor 1 circuit high input

P0505 - Idle control system malfunction

P0122 - TPS / Pedal position sensor A low input
Zeb
Site Admin

Zeb's car profile

Post Number:#23  Post by Zeb » February 20th, 2014, 9:44

Battery recharged for 48 hours and all seemed well so left it in the car but disconnected. Tried it today and the battery is dead again...apparently new in December! Popped the V8 battery in it and interestingly that showed a discharge rate of 0.31 amps as opposed to 2 amps of the original battery. Anyhow, checked the compression 180+ psi so all good...turns over sweetly. Just wondering if the battery is doing odd things, whether that was causing the non-starting issues at the garage...one lives in hope!
Zeb
Site Admin

Zeb's car profile

Post Number:#24  Post by sikelsh » February 20th, 2014, 10:50

That would be the save of the century if thats whats occurring, just a new battery, keeping fingers crossed!
Biomorphic.. Baby!
sikelsh

Member No: 289
Region: Lincolnshire and Norfolk
sikelsh's car profile

Post Number:#25  Post by Zeb » February 20th, 2014, 10:52

Just gotta pick up the new coil packs and I will put her back together and fire her up....or not! I will have everything crossed! :-D
Zeb
Site Admin

Zeb's car profile

Post Number:#26  Post by Mr Hyde » February 20th, 2014, 10:53

Keep us posted!
Dave Hyde
Mr Hyde
Site Admin

Member No: 3
Mr Hyde's car profile

Post Number:#27  Post by Jake » February 21st, 2014, 12:14

Managed to secure some coils from Rimmers this week at an advantageous price, thank to the top chaps there.

Hopefully Carl and I will be meeting up over the next few days, progress has been hindered on projects by me currently working on constant night operations, but we'll get there.
2005 ZT-T 180 Sports Auto SE - Rio Red
1999 Rover 75 Connoisseur SE - Dorchester Red
2004 Rover 75 Contemporary SE Tourer - Royal Blue
Jake
Site Admin

Member No: 1
Jake's car profile

Post Number:#28  Post by Zeb » February 22nd, 2014, 6:47

Spent much of the day on the car...almost all back together and able to turn her over. There is now only one fault code which is the camshaft sensor. So, tomorrow I will borrow mine from the 190 and hopefully we will be in business! There is an issue with the starter not always working first time too but am not too worried about that for now. :-)
Zeb
Site Admin

Zeb's car profile

Post Number:#29  Post by Bolin » February 22nd, 2014, 10:22

All sounding good :)

Starter issue could be that white/red (iirc) lead that corrodes. I had to be towed home due to that one and not having a screwdriver with me - neither did the breakdown man!
One of Britain's Fine Cars
Bolin
Rep for Hampshire

Member No: 64
Region: Hampshire
Bolin's car profile

Post Number:#30  Post by Scoubix » February 22nd, 2014, 10:36

Zeb wrote:Spent much of the day on the car...almost all back together and able to turn her over. There is now only one fault code which is the camshaft sensor. So, tomorrow I will borrow mine from the 190 and hopefully we will be in business! There is an issue with the starter not always working first time too but am not too worried about that for now. :-)

The starter issue is well known, most probably the solenoid contacts that have worn out over time.
Had the issue with mine, bought a repair kit from eBay with new contacts and plunger, cost incl. delivery was around 20€, and solved the issue. Way cheaper than a brand new starter motor, which other than the solenoid part is really reliable on our cars (made by Denso in Japan).
This is what you need, for manual
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/ROVER-75-2-0-2-5 ... 0913336086
or for auto
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/ROVER-75-2-0-2-5 ... 1272895121

Trickiest part is removing the starter motor from the car and fit it back once repaired ;)
1999 2.5 V6 Rover 75 Connoisseur - Dealer Launch
2004 4.6 V8 MG ZT-T (the only known auto ZT-T V8)
1993 2.7 V6 Rover 827 Coupé / 1993 Rover 216 GSi / 1975 Rover P6 3500
Scoubix

Member No: 286
Region: France
Scoubix's car profile

Previous PageNext Page

Return to Current 75 & ZT Enthusiasts Projects