LOG ON REQUIRED!!

Sorry, but the menu you just clicked is non-operational for anyone who is not logged in. Already a member? Log on here. Not a member? Register here. There's lots to see and do once you are signed in!

Subscription required!

The Wiki and the VIN Decoder are accessible by subscribed members only. If you are subscribed, you can also choose to hide the WIKI/VIN panel and Quick Links menu

If you would like to subscribe, or simply see more information about subscribing, please click here

Edit your...

Find my posts

PM Options

Edit your...

View Memberlist by....

QUICK LINKS

Cross club meets

Cross club meets

Post Number:#1  Post by Woolleysox » August 13th, 2013, 8:33

Hi When ever I arrange a meet I always post on several forums and consider it to be open to all 75 & Zt owners. I have to say we don't normally get many takers other than the owners club. maybe you think the choice of meets are pants if so put you own ideas down. Also geography does come into play with the cost of fuel, work, other commitments. Clearly when arranging a meet I also consider the distance from my own point of view and also try not to clash with another meet (failed with East Kirkby) but was askes by midlander's to arrange a meet at the Coventry Museum just got the date wrong :gary:
Maybe next time.:DD

Rob :gary:
Woolleysox

Member No: 28
Region: West Midlands and Worcester
Woolleysox's car profile

Re: Cross club meets

Post Number:#2  Post by Duncan » August 13th, 2013, 9:39

Rob, just bear in mind different people want different things. I'm talking for myself, and no-one else here, of course. For me I'm not really into meets other than Nanos where we work on cars. That may be to do with my cars not being worth showing, but it that's me.

So maybe it's down to numbers on the OC, but maybe it's down to the kind of people. I know it didn't really help me not turning up at the Coventry museum, I'm sorry. But do keep trying, please!
Duncan
Tech Team

Member No: 17
Duncan's car profile

Post Number:#3  Post by starbug2 » August 13th, 2013, 9:53

Woolleysox wrote:Hi When ever I arrange a meet I always post on several forums and consider it to be open to all 75 & Zt owners. I have to say we don't normally get many takers other than the owners club. maybe you think the choice of meets are pants if so put you own ideas down. Also geography does come into play with the cost of fuel, work, other commitments. Clearly when arranging a meet I also consider the distance from my own point of view and also try not to clash with another meet (failed with East Kirkby) but was askes by midlander's to arrange a meet at the Coventry Museum just got the date wrong :gary:
Maybe next time.:DD

Rob :gary:

some will do stuff and some won't alas often it is the same bunch that do the meets . i put on your marks on the oc and community which covers most but nothing from the community and only about 12 in the end from the OC ... another factor is those who say they will come but don't show up and fail to tell you.... :wall: :wall: :wall: in some cases i know of events which have cost more as we didn't get the numbers we should have :wall: :wall: :wall: . i was surprised i got nowt from the community ... and some from the OC were new folk i didn't know plus a few of the gang 8-) . pissed me off that some who said they where up for on your marks never again said anything.......even with my hinting+.. :wall: :wall: mr sox has done many events and i have gone to many where i could . i would of love to of done the cov one but.....prior event ...
starbug2

Member No: 40
Region: Derbyshire and Leicestershire
starbug2's car profile

Post Number:#4  Post by Mischief » August 13th, 2013, 10:35

I get to as many as I can being license deficient at the moment and the wife working all hours doesn't help so mostly local events at the moment. I missed the museum meet but made it to he other Coventry meet nice pub and great food btw :-D

John
No longer active!
Mischief

Member No: 356
Mischief's car profile

Post Number:#5  Post by Woolleysox » August 14th, 2013, 10:03

Hi Duncan

I do understand that folks make a choice and clearly, work and family must always come first I attend because of I enjoy the cars the company and I do enjoy the nice comment I often get about my car but don't enter any of the show classes. I was just responding to the cross club meets. As some folk may not realise it already happens. I don't expect everyone to attend and as you say I'm sure we all want different things from the forums. But the offer still stands.

see you at the nano
Woolleysox

Woolleysox's car profile

Post Number:#6  Post by Stocktech » August 14th, 2013, 10:11

Err welcome newbie, what's a nano then ?
:mex2:
and, joking aside, I will attend any meet organised by anyone anywhere.......IF... it fits in with my increasingly busy personal family schedule, ( don't ask) That would be the only reason i would not attend, I refuse to see any forum/meet/get together as an us and them :) (or us/ them/them/them and them ..... :gmc: )
Dave....
the one and only stock thingy
Stocktech
Tech Team

Member No: 5
Region: Yorkshire
Stocktech's car profile

Post Number:#7  Post by Woolleysox » August 14th, 2013, 10:41

Stocktech wrote:Err welcome newbie, what's a nano then ?
:mex2:
and, joking aside, I will attend any meet organised by anyone anywhere.......IF... it fits in with my increasingly busy personal family schedule, ( don't ask) That would be the only reason i would not attend, I refuse to see any forum/meet/get together as an us and them :) (or us/ them/them/them and them ..... :gmc: )

Hi Dave hows the back? improving I hope. I agree with you I don't see any forum meet as us and them and like you attend as many as I can.

as a newbie will you be attending the nano :DD :gary:
Woolleysox

Woolleysox's car profile

Post Number:#8  Post by Suffolk Boy » August 15th, 2013, 11:45

from my own point of view.this year i decided right or wrong to cut back on all all meets.this is down to fuel costs my time etc.as for venues even tho i love the zt/75 cars i dont enjoy looking round museums full of others.or museums full stop really.while i fully understand you need such things as toilets parking food etc.and something to look at other than 75 zts etc.for me a field a flask of tea is fine for me.i am now booking of time for the september nano.i am intending going to his just to meet up with fellow members have a chat and help if i can.if and when we build up more members in the suffolk area i hope to get something going around here.and no it will not be a car museum.more along the lines of trains.tea and cake
ztt the pampered one no longer with me.now replaced with bessie the conny .bmw 16.9 bm54 bmw hybrid tv .bmw bluetooth.
Suffolk Boy
Rep for Suffolk & Cambridge

Member No: 24
Region: Suffolk and Cambridgeshire
Suffolk Boy's car profile

Post Number:#9  Post by sikelsh » August 15th, 2013, 1:06

I must admit I am more of a do'er than a viewer when it comes to meets, I really cant do the look how shiny my car is types of meets with a museum thrown in, sorry not meaning to offend but I really, really enjoy the spanner meets, and I have enjoyed the doing of things like the Rolling Road meets, and the car run meets.

Take the national for the OC, I have no interest in the Sunday at all and will no doubt limp off with a hangover in the morning :)

Looking forward to Silverstone, hoping for a good time, and some good racing.

Simon
Biomorphic.. Baby!
sikelsh

Member No: 289
Region: Lincolnshire and Norfolk
sikelsh's car profile

Post Number:#10  Post by Woof25 » September 19th, 2013, 7:27

I agree that cros club meetings is a good idea and fosters good relations, but should it only be 75/ZT,s Rover manafactured many other models 214 216 ZS ZR MGA MGB to name a few we should extend the invite to those owners who care as passionately for their cars as we do for ours. So lets widen our scope and welcome them into the fold after all they all are T4 able LOL
Woof25

Member No: 153
Woof25's car profile

Post Number:#11  Post by Slokie » October 20th, 2013, 2:05

As a newbie to this site,I am a member of other club's, I have picked up a lot of valuable advise and met some very interesting and knowledgeable people through attending meets. I am able to keep my MG ZT running which I would find difficult, as I am not mechanically minded, it's my everyday transport with a few dings on it but as finances allow I am trying to bring it up to a good standard. As Woof25 mentioned
meeting members from other clubs fosters good relations, also keeps our cars on the road for a bit longer.
Slokie

Member No: 508
Region: North East
Slokie's car profile

Post Number:#12  Post by Suffolk Boy » October 21st, 2013, 8:34

the advice on here is for free!and nine times out of ten correct!i am now winding down my mgr meets for this year and looking forward to the new ones in the spring.so boys and girls keep the car clean.and i will meet you all in the spring.as for me i am now hibernating.
ztt the pampered one no longer with me.now replaced with bessie the conny .bmw 16.9 bm54 bmw hybrid tv .bmw bluetooth.
Suffolk Boy
Rep for Suffolk & Cambridge

Member No: 24
Region: Suffolk and Cambridgeshire
Suffolk Boy's car profile

Post Number:#13  Post by James.uk » December 16th, 2013, 12:26

I tend to limit meets to those that I can reach in 90 mins, three hours of my driving is about all my nerves can stand innit. :shock: :oops:

My cars usually untidy inside, what with dog leads, water bottles, coffee making gear, tea towels for drying said dog, etc etc.. But I did manage a few meets during the summer. :)

I go because I like to keep in touch with friends, not to show my car off .. :lol:

I avoid meets that include museums etc as last time i went to one, i saw the cars of some of my friends, but couldn't find their owners! :roll:

Will hibernate now till about May next year innit.... :fingers:
James.uk

Member No: 154
James.uk's car profile

Post Number:#14  Post by Zeb » December 16th, 2013, 12:39

Ello James :-) You can't hibernate till May because you'll miss the big bash in April if you do that! It would be good to catch up with you too!
Zeb
Site Admin

Member No: 2
Zeb's car profile

Post Number:#15  Post by Scoubix » December 16th, 2013, 10:58

I'm all for cross clubs meets, especially if it involves cross countries meets :lol:
For instance, what about a cross meet between the Enthusiasts and the French Rover club, of which I'm a member as well?
France is such a nice country :DD
1999 2.5 V6 Rover 75 Connoisseur - Dealer Launch
2004 4.6 V8 MG ZT-T (the only known auto ZT-T V8)
1993 2.7 V6 Rover 827 Coupé / 1993 Rover 216 GSi / 1975 Rover P6 3500
Scoubix

Member No: 286
Region: France
Scoubix's car profile

Next Page

Return to Cross-Club Events!