LOG ON REQUIRED!!

Sorry, but the menu you just clicked is non-operational for anyone who is not logged in. Already a member? Log on here. Not a member? Register here. There's lots to see and do once you are signed in!

Subscription required!

The Wiki and the VIN Decoder are accessible by subscribed members only. If you are subscribed, you can also choose to hide the WIKI/VIN panel and Quick Links menu

If you would like to subscribe, or simply see more information about subscribing, please click here

Edit your...

Find my posts

PM Options

Edit your...

View Memberlist by....

QUICK LINKS

Instruments

This is a free T4 Operator / owner finding service offered to all owners of 75 / ZT cars.
The map has been set up by Phil-T4 to help owners and he has given us permission to make it available to all.

Instruments

Post Number:#1  Post by Seanalf » June 25th, 2016, 10:38

I'm hoping to pick up a newer cluster tomorrow, any T4 people in South Wales around Newport, Cardiff or Merthyr way who can code it for me and how much? If not, postal offers?
Seanalf

Member No: 1345
Seanalf's car profile

Instruments

Post Number:#2  Post by Jake » June 25th, 2016, 10:44

Wyn (forum name: Eurorover) is in Swansea and should be able to sort you out! :-)
2005 ZT-T 180 Sports Auto SE - Rio Red
1999 Rover 75 Connoisseur SE - Dorchester Red
2004 Rover 75 Contemporary SE Tourer - Royal Blue
Jake
Site Admin

Member No: 1
Region: Lincolnshire and Norfolk
Jake's car profile

Instruments

Post Number:#3  Post by Seanalf » June 25th, 2016, 10:50

Jake (view post) wrote:Wyn (forum name: Eurorover) is in Swansea and should be able to sort you out! :-)

I've emailed Wynn, but, by his own admission, he can be a bit unresponsive :gmc:

If anyone else close wants to have a look or give me a price, that would be great :cheers:
Seanalf

Seanalf's car profile

Instruments

Post Number:#4  Post by Seanalf » July 2nd, 2016, 9:07

All done, got them sorted and digital speedo added as well
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Seanalf

Seanalf's car profile

Instruments

Post Number:#5  Post by Zeb » July 4th, 2016, 10:11

Very nice :-)
Zeb
Site Admin

Member No: 2
Zeb's car profile

Re: Instruments

Post Number:#6  Post by brianw119 » November 24th, 2016, 1:56

Seanalf wrote:All done, got them sorted and digital speedo added as well

Hello. I am interested in upgrading my instrument cluster. Are the ones with the digital speedo classed as having the trip computer? I looked on Rimmers, and it doesnt differentiate between digital and standard.

brianw119

Member No: 1106
Region: Suffolk and Cambridgeshire
brianw119's car profile

Instruments

Post Number:#7  Post by Paul » November 24th, 2016, 8:18

Yes, they have the trip computer and as far as I am aware, the digital speedo was not a 'Rover' feature but something added by the T4 guys.

You can use a s/h one but it does need some work to it prior to installation. My understanding is that they cannot be programmed if they have covered more than 100 miles so the eprom requires recoding and they can then be installed. The only problem with s/h ones is that they can have lines on the display where connections have worked loose but this can also sometimes be fixed.

PhilT4 is close to you and he programmed my instrument pack, admittedly a new one. He also setup various options that I wanted and gave the car a check over with the T4.
A turkey is for Christmas not for life
Paul

Member No: 1018
Paul's car profile

Instruments

Post Number:#8  Post by Zeb » November 24th, 2016, 8:41

The V8 came with the digital speedo as standard so not sure that it is something the T4 guys have added or simply found a way to turn on in any of the cars.
Zeb
Site Admin

Member No: 2
Zeb's car profile

Instruments

Post Number:#9  Post by Paul » November 24th, 2016, 1:22

Your latter thought could be correct. Did not have in my 2001 Connie SE so suppose they had to add a couple of extras to justify the V8 price :)
A turkey is for Christmas not for life
Paul

Member No: 1018
Paul's car profile

Instruments

Post Number:#10  Post by Duncan » November 24th, 2016, 10:22

It can be turned on in other packs too. I'm not sure it can be done by T4 (its certainly not a standard option) but is done via a separate box and PC software. I would think it depends on the age of the pack whether it can be enabled.
Duncan
Tech Team

Member No: 17
Region: West Midlands and Worcester
Duncan's car profile

Instruments

Post Number:#11  Post by Scoubix » November 25th, 2016, 12:02

Duncan (view post) wrote:It can be turned on in other packs too. I'm not sure it can be done by T4 (its certainly not a standard option) but is done via a separate box and PC software. I would think it depends on the age of the pack whether it can be enabled.

It can be done on any instrument pack with the trip computer. I did it on my 75 launch car not so long ago using Phil-T4 free software :)
1999 2.5 V6 Rover 75 Connoisseur - Dealer Launch
2004 4.6 V8 MG ZT-T (the only known auto ZT-T V8)
1993 2.7 V6 Rover 827 Coupé / 1993 Rover 216 GSi / 1975 Rover P6 3500
Scoubix

Member No: 286
Region: France
Scoubix's car profile

Return to T4 Services