LOG ON REQUIRED!!

Sorry, but the menu you just clicked is non-operational for anyone who is not logged in. Already a member? Log on here. Not a member? Register here. There's lots to see and do once you are signed in!

Subscription required!

The Wiki and the VIN Decoder are accessible by subscribed members only. If you are subscribed, you can also choose to hide the WIKI/VIN panel and Quick Links menu

If you would like to subscribe, or simply see more information about subscribing, please click here

Edit your...

Find my posts

PM Options

Edit your...

View Memberlist by....

QUICK LINKS

New T4 Lite owner / need a bit of advice first...

This is a free T4 Operator / owner finding service offered to all owners of 75 / ZT cars.
The map has been set up by Phil-T4 to help owners and he has given us permission to make it available to all.

Post Number:#1  Post by Scoubix » December 9th, 2015, 11:45

As of today I now have a genuine MGR T4 Lite unit with me, came from a former MGR dealer in France who recently gave up on the business of attending to our cars and gladly let me have it, along with its Latitude D505 laptop which he used with the box, dozens of diagnostics CDs and even some leads from his previous "true" Testbook which had long since gone bust. The whole package was given to me "as is", as it was no longer operational, though the T4 Lite unit itself is perfectly fine.

I'm in the process of setting up the laptop again. Turns out the HDD was busted, had a spare one so setting up XP on it as I'm typing this.

As for the CDs I was given, I have RDS 5.06R (and 5.06L as well), 6.00L which I know is for Land Rovers only, I also have DSTF005 (dated 01/2005) which is I believe the French version of DST0005V (has Diagnostics on it and the whole MGR range of cars including the V8s, and it says French too on it). I also have DST0001A (for reprogramming plips for 25/45/TF), DJR0008N (which I have no clue what it's for) and various CDs of various versions dating all the way back to the first Testbook of 1995, approx. 50 CDs alltogether, for both Rover/MG and Land Rover.

Now questions please, for Phil-T4 and the likes:
- if I post a full list of the various CD names I have, would you be so kind as to help me identify what they're for, when not so obvious, and whether they are of any use with T4 Lite?
- as for the setup of RDS 5.06, am I right to say that the USB drivers for the Lite box are included in the RDS setup? They seem to be for the Mobile handheld tester but not so sure for the Lite unit.
- does the RDS 5.06 setup have a user guide for the Lite unit, meaning which button to press for which car, and the likes...obviously the numbers on it refer to the 'full' T4 leads naming scheme or leads combination, but what of the other buttons? Or do you have a "quick reference guide" that I could use?
- apart from RDS 5.06 and DST0005V, any other useful CD for everyday use, so to speak? I have yet to identify DRE0008Y among my stock which is for the older cars, though I have other means of getting to it anyway. But since T4 Lite only has a J1962 connector, that disc wouldn't be of much use for pre-1995 cars that don't have it, right? Or does an 3-pin adapter exist to connect to older diag bus?

Oh, and for those who might wonder, I have no intention of becoming a proper T4 operator, I intend to learn how to use it for the basic diag stuff, dealer options settings, and the likes, no fuzzy business such as ZCS code changing and the likes, at least not in the immediate future...
So there's no "business competition" here
Once familiar with it I intend to offer its services for free to the members of the French Rover Club...

Thanks fellows
1999 2.5 V6 Rover 75 Connoisseur - Dealer Launch
2004 4.6 V8 MG ZT-T (the only known auto ZT-T V8)
1993 2.7 V6 Rover 827 Coupé / 1993 Rover 216 GSi / 1975 Rover P6 3500
Scoubix

Member No: 286
Region: France
Scoubix's car profile

Post Number:#2  Post by KDA4G » December 10th, 2015, 10:55

That's a really good collection to have... well done!
KDA4G
Club staff

Member No: 140
KDA4G's car profile

Re: New T4 Lite owner / need a bit of advice first...

Post Number:#3  Post by eurorover » December 10th, 2015, 12:47

The drivers are on the disk and will also transfer into the HDD.
You must use the same USB port every time.
When you go into the software main screen you will need to select configuration then comms setup and select J2543 hardware module
[flash=]follow project moonraker Twitter @EuroRoverOwnners [/flash]

MAN WITH A T4 INCLUDING XPOWER UPGRADES
eurorover

Member No: 211
eurorover's car profile

Post Number:#4  Post by Jake » December 10th, 2015, 6:45

Excellent find Nicolas! Well done!
2005 ZT-T 180 Sports Auto SE - Rio Red
1999 Rover 75 Connoisseur SE - Dorchester Red
2004 Rover 75 Contemporary SE Tourer - Royal Blue
Jake
Site Admin

Member No: 1
Region: Lincolnshire and Norfolk
Jake's car profile

Post Number:#5  Post by Scoubix » December 12th, 2015, 2:42

Well, my T4 is now operational, tested on my launch car, with the help of marinabrian from the OC who gave a couple of "best practices" advices to set it up from scratch.
I set it up with ISO files of the various disks (diags and Rave) so I can easily swap from one disc to another and not carry the physical discs around.
Now it's time to "play" with it a bit, while keeping it safe...
1999 2.5 V6 Rover 75 Connoisseur - Dealer Launch
2004 4.6 V8 MG ZT-T (the only known auto ZT-T V8)
1993 2.7 V6 Rover 827 Coupé / 1993 Rover 216 GSi / 1975 Rover P6 3500
Scoubix

Member No: 286
Region: France
Scoubix's car profile

Post Number:#6  Post by Duncan » December 13th, 2015, 8:54

Well done. I look at it the same way, my T4 is not used for any kind of competition for the commercial guys. It helps me, and those that come to our Nanos.
Duncan
Tech Team

Member No: 17
Region: West Midlands and Worcester
Duncan's car profile

Return to T4 Services