LOG ON REQUIRED!!

Sorry, but the menu you just clicked is non-operational for anyone who is not logged in. Already a member? Log on here. Not a member? Register here. There's lots to see and do once you are signed in!

Subscription required!

The Wiki and the VIN Decoder are accessible by subscribed members only. If you are subscribed, you can also choose to hide the WIKI/VIN panel and Quick Links menu

If you would like to subscribe, or simply see more information about subscribing, please click here

Edit your...

Find my posts

PM Options

Edit your...

View Memberlist by....

QUICK LINKS

Re-manufacture of V8 Rear Brake Backplates

Info on all the projects 75 & ZT Enthusiasts are currently involved with...

Post Number:#1  Post by Nich » October 14th, 2017, 8:01

The Two-Sixties have been looking into getting the rear brake backplates re-manufactured. We have hit a dead end with sourcing the originals but have managed to find someone who is prepared to make us up a small batch. He is involved in small production runs for Jaguar and has a good reputation in the industry for producing quality products.

Rear Backplate (1).png
Photo of original.

Rear Backplate (2).png
Photo of original.

The re-manufactured backplates will be electro-plated and then powder coated and will undoubtedly be better quality than the originals.

The cost to members will be approximately £215 per pair, this price includes a pair of backplates, post and packing (tracked and compensated) to UK addresses.
This cost will reduce to approximately £206 for any member wishing to collect (collection point to be decided).
Cost for shipping overseas, IOW etc., £206 + actual cost of postage.

The minimum production run will be for 25 pairs so unless we can reach this figure we will not be able to proceed with the order.

If you are interested in purchasing a set of backplates please PM me and I will add your name to the list on the Two-Sixties site. Although no money will be involved at this stage it is important to stress that we do need an indication of a firm committment to buy as once we reach the required number we will be placing the order.

It is worth bearing in mind that the originals are no longer available and our communications with various companies including ATE and Dorman have led to a dead end. We did find out that our backplates form a small part of the larger backplates fitted to the Peugeot 607 but these were made by ATE who have no plans to re-manufacture and there is no stock of these available anyway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nich

Member No: 196
Nich's car profile

Post Number:#2  Post by Zeb » October 16th, 2017, 10:57

Mind if I post this on the FB Group and page Nich? we have some V8 owners there that don't tend to do forums much!
Zeb
Site Admin

Member No: 2
Zeb's car profile

Post Number:#3  Post by Nich » October 16th, 2017, 11:57

Zeb (view post) wrote:Mind if I post this on the FB Group and page Nich? we have some V8 owners there that don't tend to do forums much!

Please do Zeb, that would be very helpful. Many thanks.
Nich

Member No: 196
Nich's car profile

Return to Current 75 & ZT Enthusiasts Projects