LOG ON REQUIRED!!

Sorry, but the menu you just clicked is non-operational for anyone who is not logged in. Already a member? Log on here. Not a member? Register here. There's lots to see and do once you are signed in!

Subscription required!

The Wiki and the VIN Decoder are accessible by subscribed members only. If you are subscribed, you can also choose to hide the WIKI/VIN panel and Quick Links menu

If you would like to subscribe, or simply see more information about subscribing, please click here

Edit your...

Find my posts

PM Options

Edit your...

View Memberlist by....

QUICK LINKS

Pre-Production Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur - T78 MOA

Info on all the projects 75 & ZT Enthusiasts are currently involved with...

Post Number:#61  Post by Jake » March 1st, 2014, 8:49

I think sadly the damage to the wiring was down to an aftermarket alarm that had been fitted at some point in the cars life, however I can't be certain. Lewis may be able to advise a little about the history of the car in terms of its time with Rover Group, but I do know that it was sold by SMC in 2001.

The car us currently undergoing a fairly major mechanical overhaul, pictures to follow.
2005 ZT-T 180 Sports Auto SE - Rio Red
1999 Rover 75 Connoisseur SE - Dorchester Red
2004 Rover 75 Contemporary SE Tourer - Royal Blue
Jake
Site Admin

Member No: 1
Region: Lincolnshire and Norfolk
Jake's car profile

Post Number:#62  Post by Jake » March 3rd, 2014, 11:25

Well you know it's a good start when one of the fairly major fixings on a car isn't done up properly :shock:

We discovered this as part of the strip down and major service on the car over the last 3-4 days. The picture above being of course the main fixing nut to the hydramount. Over the last few weeks, we have been stocking up on parts. Our thanks to Gary at Xpart for sorting us out some parts for this, and the other cars at some great prices - always proud to use OEM parts where we can. Thanks to Rimmers for helping us out for all the bits we forgot to ask Gary for! :gmc:

Fair bit of oil floating around the throttle body:

Quite a bit in fact:

One for owners of early vehicles - does your car have one of these plates in the V:

Coolant drained

Interesting securing wire over the hydramount

Original coolant rail in quite a state:

And a squirrels home in the V:

A full write up and re-order of pictures to follow shortly, but in the mean time:

Jake
Site Admin

Jake's car profile

Post Number:#63  Post by Stocktech » March 3rd, 2014, 11:41

The plate in question is in place on 100886 ;) As is the wire over the hydromount.. Unusual to see original pipes in such poor state, I have found original early ones wear quite well. Quality work being done there, ever thought of advertising to attract revenue?
Dave....
the one and only stock thingy
Stocktech
Tech Team

Member No: 5
Region: Yorkshire
Stocktech's car profile

Post Number:#64  Post by Jake » March 4th, 2014, 12:03

Stocktech wrote:The plate in question is in place on 100886 ;) As is the wire over the hydromount.. Unusual to see original pipes in such poor state, I have found original early ones wear quite well. Quality work being done there, ever thought of advertising to attract revenue?

Cheers Dave! If we had more time, we did look to do that, but until all the cars we've got here are done, we are struggling!

Agree with you on the pipes, the earlier ones are of much better stuff! In this case, I think the black 'coolant' hasn't helped corrosion, as the waterways were all bright orange rusty, so will most likely get another flush done in a few 100 miles time!

What was interesting is that the coolant system operates differently on this to the 190 and if anything is more like the diesel, visible flow into the header tank from start up and not a swine to bleed!

Engine is now back together and running really sweetly and got new front tyres this morning! Just the insurance to sort now and she'll be at Ragley!
Jake
Site Admin

Jake's car profile

Post Number:#65  Post by Zaphod » March 4th, 2014, 9:39

Jake wrote:One for owners of early vehicles - does your car have one of these plates in the V:

Yes mine has this, I found it when doing the LPG conversion
Zaphod

Member No: 387
Zaphod's car profile

Post Number:#66  Post by MrDoodles » March 4th, 2014, 9:49

Fantastic work guys! :hail:
Free vehicle valuations available to Club Members by PM!

lincsandnorfolk@75-zt.com
MrDoodles
Rep for Norfolk

Member No: 61
MrDoodles's car profile

Re: Pre-Production Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur - T78 MOA

Post Number:#67  Post by Game Keeper » March 5th, 2014, 6:47

I have not seen one of those in the V of LJW. As it had brown spots on it last summer, I had expected it to be rusty but in fact it was not. Is the engine in MOA the same as in the 2.0 V6? 10/10 in seeing this project through so diligently.
Game Keeper

Member No: 240
Game Keeper's car profile

Post Number:#68  Post by Game Keeper » March 5th, 2014, 6:49

Sorry I tell a lie, come to think of it there is a plate like the one in the photo
Game Keeper

Post Number:#69  Post by Jake » March 5th, 2014, 11:52

MOA is a 2.5 Phil, will be interesting to see how it drives in comparison to Midsomer when she was finished (as that was a 2.0) Appreciate the feedback from folks about those two earlier features, having only worked on later V6s, is interesting to know what was common place on the earlier cars.

Off to Barnsley in the morning to possibly pick up some bumpers in colour off a similar age car - pictures to follow.
Jake
Site Admin

Jake's car profile

Post Number:#70  Post by Game Keeper » March 7th, 2014, 8:56

Jake wrote:MOA is a 2.5 Phil, will be interesting to see how it drives in comparison to Midsomer when she was finished (as that was a 2.0) Appreciate the feedback from folks about those two earlier features, having only worked on later V6s, is interesting to know what was common place on the earlier cars.

Off to Barnsley in the morning to possibly pick up some bumpers in colour off a similar age car - pictures to follow.

Barnsley is a good way to go Jake, but then needs must. Have a successful and safe trip :)
Game Keeper

Post Number:#71  Post by Jake » March 7th, 2014, 7:01

Game Keeper wrote:
Jake wrote:MOA is a 2.5 Phil, will be interesting to see how it drives in comparison to Midsomer when she was finished (as that was a 2.0) Appreciate the feedback from folks about those two earlier features, having only worked on later V6s, is interesting to know what was common place on the earlier cars.

Barnsley is a good way to go Jake, but then needs must. Have a successful and safe trip :)

Cheers Phil,

Sadly got there to find they were no better than what are on the car, despite the sellers assurances. Waste of 6hrs, but there we go!
Jake
Site Admin

Jake's car profile

Post Number:#72  Post by Bolin » March 7th, 2014, 7:06

Mine also has the plate over the rear fuel rail (05/06/2001 build), but not the hydramount wire, which I believe had gone missing by early 2000 (which reminds me, a trader has one put away for me, I need to ask about that - will be fitted when I next have the car in bits).

Have you noticed the extra lens int he rear lamps for the indicator? Deleted by September 1999 I believe.

Great stuff with the tensioner pulley adjustment, and interesting to see that you replaced the same oil seal that I had to do too - I followed Haynes advice of drilling two small holes, screwing in two tiny screws and pulling it out. It did work but was a bit of a faff.

Did you fit a new coolant temp sensor too? Looks shiny :)

P.S. how did you get the crankshaft pulley off? Had a fight today with mine and lost!

Oh, and brilliant work yet again from Wilson Towers! Medals are richly deserved! :hail: :hail:
One of Britain's Fine Cars
Bolin
Rep for Hampshire

Member No: 64
Region: Hampshire
Bolin's car profile

Post Number:#73  Post by Jake » March 11th, 2014, 12:54

Yep new coolant sensor as well, as it seemed daft not to change it whilst we were in there. Hadn't noticed about the rear indicators until you mentioned them - I had a look today as the back is stripped whilst we seal it all up!

The car is now whisper quiet and runs really smoothly! Unless something goes catastrophically wrong, it'll be at Ragley.

All we ask is that folks don't expect concourse, the car is a rolling restoration and once it's proven itself mechanically, then work will commence on body work!
Jake
Site Admin

Jake's car profile

Post Number:#74  Post by Jake » March 18th, 2014, 9:49

Well the water proofing of the boot is now complete and the car is back together. A little more homecrafted wiring has been located and removed from the LSM. that ran to a dead end - a large number of diodes!

The car will be ran locally over the next few weeks, but Ragley here we come!
Jake
Site Admin

Jake's car profile

Post Number:#75  Post by Bolin » March 20th, 2014, 12:09

Water proofing my car took a few weeks, must have had about 10 leaks in total :gmc:
One of Britain's Fine Cars
Bolin
Rep for Hampshire

Member No: 64
Region: Hampshire
Bolin's car profile

Previous PageNext Page

Return to Current 75 & ZT Enthusiasts Projects