LOG ON REQUIRED!!

Sorry, but the menu you just clicked is non-operational for anyone who is not logged in. Already a member? Log on here. Not a member? Register here. There's lots to see and do once you are signed in!

Subscription required!

The Wiki and the VIN Decoder are accessible by subscribed members only. If you are subscribed, you can also choose to hide the WIKI/VIN panel and Quick Links menu

If you would like to subscribe, or simply see more information about subscribing, please click here

Edit your...

Find my posts

PM Options

Edit your...

View Memberlist by....

QUICK LINKS

Just how far from Longbridge or Cowley have these cars travelled?

Help and information for overseas visitors can be found here. Please ask!

Post Number:#1  Post by Jake » April 2nd, 2014, 4:28

Greetings to all our overseas members!

As part of our next edition in the magazine, we'd love to know to which corners of the globe 75s and ZTs have travelled. If you're a 75 owner and are outside of the UK, do let us know about the experience of owning one of our 'fine' cars abroad, that is considered by some as 'obselete' in the home country of production.

We'd love to know the good and the bad, as well as seeing some pictures of course. If anyone is interested in doing something for our next magazine, that'd be even better. If these submissions could come to me at jake@75-zt.com - that'd be great!

Jake
2005 ZT-T 180 Sports Auto SE - Rio Red
1999 Rover 75 Connoisseur SE - Dorchester Red
2004 Rover 75 Contemporary SE Tourer - Royal Blue
Jake
Site Admin

Member No: 1
Region: Lincolnshire and Norfolk
Jake's car profile

Post Number:#2  Post by Lacy » March 5th, 2015, 7:24

Jake,

Having just recently got my first MG ZT-T home I can confirm that it now lives 300 metres from East Works gate (or at least where it used to be).....looks like I'm the furthest away so far! :-D
Lacy

Member No: 990
Region: West Midlands and Worcester
Lacy's car profile

Post Number:#3  Post by starbug2 » March 18th, 2015, 8:20

well mine has been on a visit to the far side of Germany just short of the boarder :steer: to meet with club75 lot :steer:
starbug2

Member No: 40
Region: Derbyshire and Leicestershire
starbug2's car profile

Post Number:#4  Post by Anthony__ » October 6th, 2015, 1:45

A quick line about ZT-T V8 nr 555, X-power grey. It was produced around May 2004 and imported into Switzerland in July. Registered in August to Emil Frey, the time-honoured importer and distributor of British cars in Switzerland.
I've owned it since 2007 and it still attracts a lot of interest, most recently at the British classic car show in Morges. Nobody knows what it is. The funniest remark came from a 14-year old, who turned his head when he heard the noise, looked at the badge and said: It's a Morgan !
I've driven it through Switzerland and France, and up to the UK on one occasion.
Happy motoring to all,
Anthony
Anthony__

Anthony__'s car profile

Post Number:#5  Post by Roger1 » April 20th, 2016, 5:24

Mine's been to the southern most point of New Zealand, so that's a reasonable distance from Longbridge!

:o
Roger1

Member No: 142
Roger1's car profile

Post Number:#6  Post by Nich » April 20th, 2016, 11:50

There's a Rover 75 V8 in Phuket, Thailand. VIN 863.
Nich

Member No: 196
Nich's car profile

Post Number:#7  Post by nrmoz » August 17th, 2016, 4:05

There's still a few hundred 75s (2001-2004 early models and far fewer 2004-2005 second generation models ) spread throughout Australia. Presently there's around 100+ registered with the Australian state Rover clubs.
I have two, these are both members of the Rover Owners Club (NSW & ACT). 2001 2.5l V6 Connie SEs in White Gold metallic and British Racing Green...
Rover 75 2.5l V6 Connoisseur SE (Australia)
nrmoz

Member No: 1122
nrmoz's car profile

Post Number:#8  Post by KDA4G » August 17th, 2016, 6:24

Are they standard Connoisseur SE specification, as they would have been for the UK?
Were they sold by BMW Australia, or were they exported through MG Rover Australia?
Maybe some pictures, please... !
KDA4G
Club staff

Member No: 140
KDA4G's car profile

Post Number:#9  Post by Roger1 » January 16th, 2017, 12:37

KDA4G (view post) wrote:Are they standard Connoisseur SE specification, as they would have been for the UK?
Were they sold by BMW Australia, or were they exported through MG Rover Australia?
Maybe some pictures, please... !

The ones imported to New Zealand were all export spec, so mostly SE, or ZT+. There are also a reasonable number that were imported privately by independent dealers, from Japan or Singapore. I have one of each at present, i.e. sold new in NZ (my ZT180+) and one ex Japan. The one obvious difference from UK cars of the same specification is lack of navigation equipment. Even the SE's with absolute top spec came without this and also in applicable cases, without video etc. Even my V8, which was a Contemporary SE, was without those bells and whistles that are standard on the UK cars.

In NZ the importer of the new cars was MG Rover NZ Limited, now morphed into MG New Zealand (British Motor Distributors Ltd). On that subject, the new MG6 (facelift) is available here, but not the CS yet. (Must still be on the water from China).
Roger1

Member No: 142
Roger1's car profile

Post Number:#10  Post by Organiser » October 12th, 2017, 8:31

Hi,

While I know it's not what you are really asking about, my 05 ZT-T cdti auto with 232,000 miles on the clock was in Savona near to Genoa, Italy in September towing a trailer complete with an MGB roadster on the back.

After dropping the MGB off I drove down to Bari in Southern Italy and then drove back to the UK with a Fiat Panda on the back, the car never missed a beat, so much for unrealiable Rover's / MG's? I only saw 3 Rover's / MG's in all the time going and coming back.

Regards,
Tom.
Organiser

Member No: 323
Organiser's car profile

Post Number:#11  Post by kbonney88 » May 16th, 2019, 3:22

Hi all,

Currently in Mauritius working for a few weeks.. and as usual I "Rover" spot..

seen a few 75's in every day use here.. I have attached a pic of one I have managed to get pics of.. I have seen it driving round quite often.

I will get more info about it over the weekend when I go and see it again. I will try to get a pic of the chassis number too.

The others that I have seen are:

- (another) Gold 75 Saloon
- a white saloon
- and a silver ZT (with boot spoiler)

- all Mk1's like the one I have attached pics of.

I have also seen 2x Rover 200's knocking about too.

Good to see they are surviving all over the place. Including places you wouldn't dream of..

:steer:

Kev :fingers:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kbonney88

Member No: 1177
Region: Glasgow And West Scotland
kbonney88's car profile

Post Number:#12  Post by MrDoodles » May 16th, 2019, 5:03

As it's a Cowley car, was it left on the Island after the launch? :shrug: :wink: :lol:
Free vehicle valuations available to Club Members by PM!

lincsandnorfolk@75-zt.com
MrDoodles
Rep for Norfolk

Member No: 61
Region: Lincolnshire and Norfolk
MrDoodles's car profile

Post Number:#13  Post by KDA4G » May 16th, 2019, 8:43

According to the production figures, there were 41 vehicles exported directly to Mauritius, although only 4 appear in the build records for the period around the time of launch (109448 through 109451 - the other records are missing). These four were right hand drive, as Mauritius drives on the left, and they were all diesel with manual transmission. One gold, one silver, one Wedgwood, and one British Racing Green. So presumably these four were early launch cars. You may be looking at one of them?
KDA4G
Club staff

Member No: 140
KDA4G's car profile

Post Number:#14  Post by kbonney88 » May 18th, 2019, 4:23

indeed... the Silver ZT and both gold 75's seem to be buzzing round regularly.

there are a few 200's and defo one 400 here too.. I have seen atleast six 200's whilst I have been here..

I managed to get a pic of a silver 200 yesterday when being taken back to my accommodation - see below..

will get over to the local gold 75 (the one in the pics) to get its chassis number if i can tomorrow..

:steer:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kbonney88

kbonney88's car profile

Post Number:#15  Post by kbonney88 » May 24th, 2019, 8:01

Not had time to get the chassis number but I know the 2x gold 75's are 2000 and 2002 registered cars, the ZT is a 2002 car and most of the 200's are 1999 cars, along with 2x 400's.

there are 2x R8 200's both with the grille, not seen the reg plates so cant say what year they were registered here.

saw this the other day by the way... ;)
kbonney88

kbonney88's car profile

Next Page

Return to Overseas Section