LOG ON REQUIRED!!

Sorry, but the menu you just clicked is non-operational for anyone who is not logged in. Already a member? Log on here. Not a member? Register here. There's lots to see and do once you are signed in!

Subscription required!

The Wiki and the VIN Decoder are accessible by subscribed members only. If you are subscribed, you can also choose to hide the WIKI/VIN panel and Quick Links menu

If you would like to subscribe, or simply see more information about subscribing, please click here

Edit your...

Find my posts

PM Options

Edit your...

View Memberlist by....

QUICK LINKS

British Racing Green 2.0 V6 75, Genuine 40k miles

This is a selection of vehicles for sale in the UK and around the world as found by members.

Post Number:#1  Post by Tim_Burgess » April 21st, 2019, 8:18

Well, the time has come to pass this old chap on to another enthusiast. I'd love to keep it, but I have little enough time to use and keep up my other 75, so this one really should go to someone who'll use and enjoy it.

It's an early Cowley built 2.0 V6 Classc SE with a genuine 40k on the clock. The car was bought new by the father-in-law of a friend, it remained with him until he gave up driving in 2017 and my friend took it over for a year. Airbag light, ABS light and loss of the speedo made him decide against running it any further, and he offered the car to me. So it's been a local one-family car all its life until I took it on in December 2018. In recent years, mileage has been minimal; it has only covered 1300 miles since February 2016.

After the warranty ended, the car was serviced and MOT'd by 2 local, reputable garages. In recent years the car has had new brake pipes, front springs and an exhaust; all the tyres are recent and show very little wear. Structrally, the car is extremely solid and, a very few minor age related marks aside, the body and paintwork are very good for a 19 year-old car.

I have upgraded the car by fitting a Deep Sea Green leather Personal line interior and chrome bullet mirrors. Both keys are with the car and both remotes are working. The car is fitted with a tow bar and 7 pin electrics, used for towing a small garden trailer

The car has MOT to 29th March 2020 and has just been serviced.

£950.

Last edited by Tim_Burgess on April 24th, 2019, 7:08, edited 2 times in total.
Tim_Burgess

Member No: 795
Region: Glasgow And West Scotland
Tim_Burgess's car profile

Post Number:#2  Post by MrDoodles » April 22nd, 2019, 11:27

What a lovely old thing! :)

Let's hope it finds a good home! :wink:
Free vehicle valuations available to Club Members by PM!

lincsandnorfolk@75-zt.com
MrDoodles
Rep for Norfolk

Member No: 61
Region: Lincolnshire and Norfolk
MrDoodles's car profile

Post Number:#3  Post by KDA4G » April 23rd, 2019, 5:14

So, pretty much a genuine ‘one owner from new’. Is there a record of the supplying main dealer?
Interesting history - build date could be say January 2000 or thereabouts, given that the Classic was only available to order from 12th October 1999 onwards.
Personal Line interior trim would not have been a factory option on the Classic SE, but looks very nice. Not quite sure from the photos whether the steering wheel, handbrake and gear change cover are also in the Deep Sea Green? Did it originally have body coloured door mirrors, and presumably it has air-con with the manual heater controls?
Would perhaps look better with the shaped rear number plate?
KDA4G
Club staff

Member No: 140
KDA4G's car profile

Post Number:#4  Post by Tim_Burgess » April 23rd, 2019, 10:17

The supplying dealer was Macharg, Rennie & Lindsay, Castlebank Street, Glasgow. Date of delivery was 22nd January 2001. VIN number states it as 2000 model year
I fitted the mirror covers (originals had quite bad scrapes) and the current interior; and, yes, it is complete, down to the gear knob etc. Being a Cowley car, the loom wouldn't support the electric seats, and the set I had were missing a motor and the ECU, so I stripped the seat frames and swapped the covers over; actually a lot simpler than it sounds. Manual leather seats were an option on Classic and Club, although I've only seen one Classic with this spec in 15 years of 75 obsession; and Personal Line wasn't available until you got to Club trim. It is manual heater with air con - which still blows cool air.
I'll let the next owner worry about the number plate. :) It's the original from the supplying dealer, as is the one on the front.
Tim_Burgess

Post Number:#5  Post by KDA4G » April 24th, 2019, 6:20

So the main dealer had it for about a year as a sales demonstrator, then, maybe?
Any faults on the VIS motors... ?
KDA4G
Club staff

Member No: 140
KDA4G's car profile

Post Number:#6  Post by Tim_Burgess » April 24th, 2019, 7:00

VIS motors are fine, In fact the engine is very sweet. There's not even any sludge in the breather pipes or air box.
I don't think it was a demonstrator, that would have added another keeper on the V5. It appears to have come in specifically for the customer. It may have just been sat in a field for 6 months.
Tim_Burgess

Return to 75s & ZTs For Sale