It's a Connoisseur as some of you will know, first registered in 2003, bought by us in March 2007 for £7295, making it a two owner car. At the time it had 22486 miles on the clock, and now has around 96000, so less than 7500 per year. I've done plenty to it over the years, including (and forgive me if I miss anything!) these things in approx order of carrying out
- Walnut steering wheel with stereo and cruise controls
- Sony stereo with USB input to allow attachment of stick/drive to play mp3s
- Wood capped gear knob (well, wood effect!)
- Wood effect surrounds on electric window switches, courtesy of Simon from Bulgaria
- EGR bypass (original EGR still available if desired)
- Real wood dash - supplied and fitted by Jake
- New locking wheel nuts
- Cruise control fitted - fully functional, set up with T4 by BigRuss
- Fuel burning heater fitted - supplied and fitted by Phil (Suffolk Boy) and PCB repaired by French Mike
- Re-mapped from 113bhp to 131bhp - by BigRuss
- Intercooler o-rings replaced (by Carl)
- Bonnet release upgrade (done by Carl)
- Leather seats (ash grey) in very good condition. Drivers seat hasn't got the often seen wear
- Drivers side Memory seat upgrade - installed by Jake
- Drivers side grab handle added
- Boot cubby covers added
- New rear badge (from humphshumphs)
- Tow bar fitted
- New rear springs and assistors (for towing)
- Various filters and service items as needed
You can see some these things on my profile on the main website too by the way! Here's the link. Also in my profile here on the forum
The car is overall in very good condition considering it's now 13 years old, and has wanted for nothing in my ownership. It was on SORN for a while, but has recently been put back on the road, so now has an MOT until 1st September 2017. Most of the work done to get it through the MOT was brake related, so nicely sorted in that area now! Everything works as it should (4 x electric windows, air-con, cruise, electric seats, stereo etc)
Let me also list what's wrong with it, to be fair!
- Bodywise, in excellent condition bar a few of the usual paint chips on the bonnet plus an annoying "graze" where the cowling of the chimney blew off in high winds last year! No visible surface rust on the body
- The air-con works spot on, and was re-gassed at the Enthusiasts air-con day at Jake's shortly before I SORNed it. Annoyingly, the fan was found to be malfunctioning (as in not working on low speeds) so this will need to be fixed. However, I did buy a working second-hand one off Stubie, so this would be thrown in!
That's it! Short list luckily There's two load covers (one with the net, slightly chewed by Charlie when she was a pup!) Also the undertray is present, which isn't always the case. The original stereo would also be available - alongside the current Pioneer unit, so there'd be two stereos!
That's all I can think of at the moment. All the stuff listed above would stay with the car, with the possible exception of the steering wheel, but only as I really need to make as much money back as I can! Oh, and the wheels, but see below for that
The car came to us with a complete service history, but this was not kept stamped as I did most day to day stuff myself and also never intended to sell the car. However, I did have a moment when I thought that it might be good to get the booked stamped again, so it was done at 78158 miles, but then once more thought "I'll never sell it" so went back to the old methods!
So, price..... TBH, it's a good car, but of course it's also a 13 year old car, so the two have to be weighed up against each other. I'd be looking to sell for in the region of ----
You'll notice that in my profile the car is wearing Star Spokes, as indeed it is on my bio on the main site. On the latter, lower down you'll see three side view comparison shots. The first shows the car on it's original 15" Comets, the second has the 17" Star Spokes, and the third is how it is now, on (I think rare) 17" genuine MGR European export spec winter alloy wheels, made in Britain, bought from Jake. I'm selling the car back on the Comets (which will have two good existing tyres, and two new) but would be happy to include the current wheels. In this case the car would be ----
Some of the photos below are those taken by Dave (Lord Hybrid) a few months back. If you need an unbiased opinion of the car, ask him! Paul has also fairly recently seen the car and would hopefully say the same, as have Jake and Carl of course!
Car currently has a private plate on, but this would go back to original, FH03 GXE, before sale (registration now back to original)
Any questions, please feel free to PM me or email me!