LOG ON REQUIRED!!

Sorry, but the menu you just clicked is non-operational for anyone who is not logged in. Already a member? Log on here. Not a member? Register here. There's lots to see and do once you are signed in!

Subscription required!

The Wiki and the VIN Decoder are accessible by subscribed members only. If you are subscribed, you can also choose to hide the WIKI/VIN panel and Quick Links menu

If you would like to subscribe, or simply see more information about subscribing, please click here

Edit your...

Find my posts

PM Options

Edit your...

View Memberlist by....

QUICK LINKS

Rover 75 Connoisseur Tourer 2003 - SOLD

This is a selection of vehicles for sale in the UK and around the world as found by members.

Post Number:#1  Post by Mr Hyde » October 17th, 2016, 6:05

I know I've advertised the car before, but events have mostly conspired to mean that I've not pushed the sale. However, events have now conspired in such a way as to mean the opposite, so, that I have no real choice other than to sell my 75....

It's a Connoisseur as some of you will know, first registered in 2003, bought by us in March 2007 for £7295, making it a two owner car. At the time it had 22486 miles on the clock, and now has around 96000, so less than 7500 per year. I've done plenty to it over the years, including (and forgive me if I miss anything!) these things in approx order of carrying out

• Walnut steering wheel with stereo and cruise controls
  • Sony stereo with USB input to allow attachment of stick/drive to play mp3s
  • Wood capped gear knob (well, wood effect!)
  • Wood effect surrounds on electric window switches, courtesy of Simon from Bulgaria
  • EGR bypass (original EGR still available if desired)
  • Real wood dash - supplied and fitted by Jake
  • New locking wheel nuts
  • Cruise control fitted - fully functional, set up with T4 by BigRuss
  • Fuel burning heater fitted - supplied and fitted by Phil (Suffolk Boy) and PCB repaired by French Mike
  • Re-mapped from 113bhp to 131bhp - by BigRuss
  • Intercooler o-rings replaced (by Carl)
  • Bonnet release upgrade (done by Carl)
  • Leather seats (ash grey) in very good condition. Drivers seat hasn't got the often seen wear
  • Drivers side Memory seat upgrade - installed by Jake
  • Drivers side grab handle added
  • Boot cubby covers added
  • New rear badge (from humphshumphs)
  • Tow bar fitted
  • New rear springs and assistors (for towing)
  • Various filters and service items as needed

You can see some these things on my profile on the main website too by the way! Here's the link. Also in my profile here on the forum

The car is overall in very good condition considering it's now 13 years old, and has wanted for nothing in my ownership. It was on SORN for a while, but has recently been put back on the road, so now has an MOT until 1st September 2017. Most of the work done to get it through the MOT was brake related, so nicely sorted in that area now! Everything works as it should (4 x electric windows, air-con, cruise, electric seats, stereo etc)

Let me also list what's wrong with it, to be fair!

• Bodywise, in excellent condition bar a few of the usual paint chips on the bonnet plus an annoying "graze" where the cowling of the chimney blew off in high winds last year! :evil: :roll: No visible surface rust on the body
  • The air-con works spot on, and was re-gassed at the Enthusiasts air-con day at Jake's shortly before I SORNed it. Annoyingly, the fan was found to be malfunctioning (as in not working on low speeds) so this will need to be fixed. However, I did buy a working second-hand one off Stubie, so this would be thrown in!

That's it! Short list luckily :D There's two load covers (one with the net, slightly chewed by Charlie when she was a pup!) Also the undertray is present, which isn't always the case. The original stereo would also be available - alongside the current Pioneer unit, so there'd be two stereos!

That's all I can think of at the moment. All the stuff listed above would stay with the car, with the possible exception of the steering wheel, but only as I really need to make as much money back as I can! Oh, and the wheels, but see below for that

The car came to us with a complete service history, but this was not kept stamped as I did most day to day stuff myself and also never intended to sell the car. However, I did have a moment when I thought that it might be good to get the booked stamped again, so it was done at 78158 miles, but then once more thought "I'll never sell it" so went back to the old methods!

So, price..... TBH, it's a good car, but of course it's also a 13 year old car, so the two have to be weighed up against each other. I'd be looking to sell for in the region of ----

You'll notice that in my profile the car is wearing Star Spokes, as indeed it is on my bio on the main site. On the latter, lower down you'll see three side view comparison shots. The first shows the car on it's original 15" Comets, the second has the 17" Star Spokes, and the third is how it is now, on (I think rare) 17" genuine MGR European export spec winter alloy wheels, made in Britain, bought from Jake. I'm selling the car back on the Comets (which will have two good existing tyres, and two new) but would be happy to include the current wheels. In this case the car would be ----

Some of the photos below are those taken by Dave (Lord Hybrid) a few months back. If you need an unbiased opinion of the car, ask him! Paul has also fairly recently seen the car and would hopefully say the same, as have Jake and Carl of course! :D

Car currently has a private plate on, but this would go back to original, FH03 GXE, before sale (registration now back to original)

Any questions, please feel free to PM me or email me!

Rover1.jpg

Rover2.jpg

Rover3.jpg

Rover4.jpg

Rover8.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave Hyde
Mr Hyde
Site Admin

Member No: 3
Region: Lincolnshire and Norfolk
Mr Hyde's car profile

Rover 75 Connoisseur Tourer 2003

Post Number:#2  Post by Paul » October 21st, 2016, 5:40

Dave has mentioned me as seeing the car recently which I have and indeed it was with a view to purchasing it.

Having had my car breakdown at my house in rural France my thoughts went to having two and one being left in France and using the alternatively so that they would each go back to England so as to maintain MOTs etc.

Daves car would have suited admirably especially as it is low mileage and, in my opinion, the condition is as he lists it. Then some deep thinking, and in 10 years of travelling backwards and forwards a 75 had only let me down once and I did get it fixed. I therefore decided that I would take my chances with just the one.

So if in the market for a 75 do not think you will be disappointed.
A turkey is for Christmas not for life
Paul

Member No: 1018
Paul's car profile

Rover 75 Connoisseur Tourer 2003

Post Number:#3  Post by Mr Hyde » October 21st, 2016, 6:21

Thanks Paul! :)
Dave Hyde
Mr Hyde
Site Admin

Mr Hyde's car profile

Rover 75 Connoisseur Tourer 2003 - price reduced!!

Post Number:#4  Post by Mr Hyde » January 8th, 2017, 6:15

Car is now sold :(

Longest I've ever owned a car at 9 years, 9 months, 28 days! Also, the first time there's not been a Rover in family since 1969, so 48 years :shock:

(4 x P6, 3 x SD1, 3 x 800, 1 x 25 and 1 x 75, so 12 altogether)
Dave Hyde
Mr Hyde
Site Admin

Mr Hyde's car profile

Post Number:#5  Post by Paul » January 8th, 2017, 8:41

Bet there was a little tear in the eye - congrats on selling it.
A turkey is for Christmas not for life
Paul

Member No: 1018
Paul's car profile

Post Number:#6  Post by Mr Hyde » January 8th, 2017, 10:52

Seems a bit odd that it's no longer there...... :(
Dave Hyde
Mr Hyde
Site Admin