This is a rare opportunity to purchase one of two MG ZT-Ts ever built in Aubergine Supertalic, that was available as part of MG Rover’s Monogram scheme. This example came off the production line on the 16th December 2004. The car has done just over 88,000 miles and is MOT’d until November 2016.
We purchased this car from the previous owner, requiring some work to bring the car to its former glory. Works carried out include:
- Replace engine oil and filter
- Replace air, pollen, diesel and PCV filters.
- Replace automatic gearbox fluid.
- Produce and fit full suite of brake lines in cunnifer.
- Replace front and rear brake flexi hoses.
- Strip down both rear wheel hub assemblies. Replace both rear wheel bearings, handbrake assemblies, rear brake discs and pads. (M-Tec Drilled and Grooved discs)
- Replace corroded rear anti-roll bar, bushes and drop links
- Strip and free-off rear Xenon headlight level sensor.
- Re-mount all exhaust shields.
- Fit new exhaust system, from catalytic converter backwards.
- Replace front and rear brake discs and pads. (M-Tec Drilled and Grooved discs)
- Strip and paint all brake callipers and reaction frames.
- Source and replace front and rear brake pad warning sensors.
- Replace O/S front ABS sensor (original damaged)
- Replace handbrake compensator with R50 Mini alternative
- Replace cooling fan resistor, with uprated component.
- Replace Intercooler O-rings
- Fit EGR bypass kit.
- Strip and repair wiring loom to front slam panel.
- Diagnose and replace failed brake duty solenoid, causing harsh change in automatic gearbox.
- Replace front anti-roll bar drop links.
- Strip and release front Xenon headlight level sensor.
- Retro-fit Pre-Project Drive Horns
- Replace auxiliary belts.
- Fit new alternator
- Fit in-line thermostat to improve warm-up time.
- Replace rear suspension springs.
- Replace incorrectly handed headlight washer.
- Retrofit Highline Satellite Navigation system, incorporating Harmon Kardon upgraded Audio System.
- Replace failed headlight power-wash pump.
- Remove, clean and re-fit vehicle carpet.
- Source and replace vehicle headlining
- Inspect, clear and re-seal sunroof drains
- Remove and re-seal rear side trims, with new replacement clips.
- Remove and replace both rear tail lamps.
- Remove and repair leather seat covers, refit including electric adjustment and heat functionality.
- Replace rear boot-floor board.
- Retro-fit Pre-Project Drive under floor boot tool-trays.
- Refurbished ’11 Spoke’ alloy wheels, finished in ‘Liquid Chrome’ with new tyres and centre-caps.
- Retrofit associated switches for added heated-seat functionality.
- Retrofit Illuminated sun-visors.
- Source and fit reproduction MG Rover Group front and rear number plates.
- Prepare and present the car for MOT.
We have now proven the car over 3,000 miles and has been a joy to drive. We are now selling it to fund further projects and to allow someone else to enjoy what is quite a rare vehicle. The car’s originally impressive specification has been enhanced further with the addition of Highline Satellite Navigation, with BMW Mk3 Sat Nav Drive and Harmon Kardon sound system. Electric-adjustment and heated seat functionality has also been added, along with a number of ‘project drive’ reversals. The car was fitted at factory with optional + pack, which includes Cruise Control, Xenon headlights with power-wash, drivers’ intelligence pack and extra air-bags. This car is also fitted with the rare factory sunroof.
The car comes with two working keys, original service book pack, some MOT certificates and invoices for parts and works undertaken during our ownership. Also included are the original supplying MG Rover dealer plates, front carpet mats, service book holder and key ring.
The car is in very good condition, however, it is not without blemishes as you would expect for an 11 year old car, so viewing is strongly recommended as people’s perception and expectation of condition can vary drastically. That being said, I believe the car is in very good condition.