LOG ON REQUIRED!!

Sorry, but the menu you just clicked is non-operational for anyone who is not logged in. Already a member? Log on here. Not a member? Register here. There's lots to see and do once you are signed in!

Subscription required!

The Wiki and the VIN Decoder are accessible by subscribed members only. If you are subscribed, you can also choose to hide the WIKI/VIN panel and Quick Links menu

If you would like to subscribe, or simply see more information about subscribing, please click here

Edit your...

Find my posts

PM Options

Edit your...

View Memberlist by....

QUICK LINKS

French Rover Club 30th Anniversary in Baie de Somme, 18-19 May 2019

Post Number:#1  Post by Scoubix » January 2nd, 2019, 6:18

My fellow Enthusiasts :)

In early June 1989, several people led by our founding president, Philippe Jorge, got together to create a classic car club aimed at preserving Rover and Land Rover classic cars. As these cars were scarce on French roads, it was decided to extend the club coverage to other marginal British car brands, which were even less known to the general French public yet could be perceived as sharing the same pedigree of fine British motoring. As a result, cars from the likes of Alvis, Vanden Plas, Daimler (pre-Jaguar merger), Sunbeam, Singer and others joined the ranks alongside Rovers (P2, P3, P4, P5, P6…).

Thus the « British Classic Cars & Rover Club » was created, collectively known as « BCCRC » or « French Rover Club ».

Over the last 30 years, a lot has happened and our club has evolved. Teams have changed, people have come and gone, though several original members are still with us, and our beloved brand died a most painful death in April 2005, after several years of industrial torment. From initially being a club preserving fine classic British cars, among which Rovers have always been predominant, we have slowly but inevitably evolved into being a club encompassing all Rover cars, from the earliest ones to the more modern ones, while insuring that the heritage and history of the viking ship brand were being preserved, and thus truly embracing our role as being the one and only « French Rover Club ».

As we celebrate our 30th Anniversary this year, we invite you to join us in the wonderful « Baie de Somme » region of France, for a weekend of activities and Rover motoring, on the 18th and 19th of May 2019.

The detailed agenda can be downloaded below, here are a few highlights :

• travel across the Baie with the historic steamrail train, with a gastronomic dinner served on board on Saturday evening. A tour of the steam train workshops is also planned for those interested.
  • Car convoy along the Baie roads and guided tour of the Marquenterre bird reserve.

There are two options for registering :

bccrc_weekend_30th_english.pdf

Feel free to reach out for further details, and looking forward to seeing some of you out there. The Baie de Somme is only about 100kms south of Calais...so no excuse :DD
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1999 2.5 V6 Rover 75 Connoisseur - Dealer Launch
2004 4.6 V8 MG ZT-T (the only known auto ZT-T V8)
1993 2.7 V6 Rover 827 Coupé / 1993 Rover 216 GSi / 1975 Rover P6 3500
Scoubix

Member No: 286
Region: France
Scoubix's car profile

Post Number:#2  Post by Bernard » January 3rd, 2019, 2:35

Cars and steam trains....my 2 weaknesses. I have to work out the logistics of attending both this meeting and the one in Schleswig-Holstein, not sure that I can do both.
Bernard
Preservation Team

Member No: 22
Region: West Midlands and Worcester
Bernard's car profile

Post Number:#3  Post by Scoubix » January 3rd, 2019, 11:15

Bernard (view post) wrote:Cars and steam trains....my 2 weaknesses. I have to work out the logistics of attending both this meeting and the one in Schleswig-Holstein, not sure that I can do both.

Would be more than happy to see you there Bernard :-)
Scoubix

Scoubix's car profile

Post Number:#4  Post by Pim » January 6th, 2019, 7:27

Hi Nicolas,

most interesting !!

Best regards,

Pim
Boardmember Club Seventyfive / http://www.r75.info

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi Club
Rover Streetwise 1.8 CVT
Rover 220 Coupé
Pim

Member No: 536
Pim's car profile

Post Number:#5  Post by Bernard » May 22nd, 2019, 8:58

Now back home after a splendid long weekend well organised by the French Rover Club ably led by Nicolas, to whom I give a big "thank you!" for the invitation.
Cars and trains, a kind of heaven.
DSC00068.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bernard
Preservation Team

Bernard's car profile

Post Number:#6  Post by Bernard » May 23rd, 2019, 11:36

Panorama of the meeting line-up shortly before departure at the end of the meeting.

French meeting line-up.jpg
Bernard
Preservation Team

Bernard's car profile

Post Number:#7  Post by Scoubix » May 24th, 2019, 9:02

It was great having you with us Bernard ;-)
Thanks for the pics
Scoubix

Scoubix's car profile

Return to Cross-Club Events!