LOG ON REQUIRED!!

Sorry, but the menu you just clicked is non-operational for anyone who is not logged in. Already a member? Log on here. Not a member? Register here. There's lots to see and do once you are signed in!

Subscription required!

The Wiki and the VIN Decoder are accessible by subscribed members only. If you are subscribed, you can also choose to hide the WIKI/VIN panel and Quick Links menu

If you would like to subscribe, or simply see more information about subscribing, please click here

Edit your...

Find my posts

PM Options

Edit your...

View Memberlist by....

QUICK LINKS

Exactly what can be done regarding used ECUs and other units...?

This is a free T4 Operator / owner finding service offered to all owners of 75 / ZT cars.
The map has been set up by Phil-T4 to help owners and he has given us permission to make it available to all.

Post Number:#1  Post by Scoubix » September 1st, 2014, 5:29

Thought it might be useful for the T4 gurus (Phil mainly around here) to list what can be achieved beyond standard MGR procedures regarding IPK and ECUs swaps.
I understand that it is now possible to virginize ECUs and IPKs so that they appear as brand new and can be recoded to any car with T4, but what are the limitations, if any, and the use cases?
Let's say I have a car based here in France with a dead ECU that's seen too much water. Can I get any replacement unit from any previous car and send it out to you, Phil? Or do you provide a replacement unit yourself at additional cost? Would you need the full set of EWS and transponder keys as well in order to reprogram the new ECU?

Just curious really...not trying to break any trade secret here :lol:
1999 2.5 V6 Rover 75 Connoisseur - Dealer Launch
2004 4.6 V8 MG ZT-T (the only known auto ZT-T V8)
1993 2.7 V6 Rover 827 Coupé / 1993 Rover 216 GSi / 1975 Rover P6 3500
Scoubix

Member No: 286
Region: France
Scoubix's car profile

Post Number:#2  Post by Phil-T4 » September 2nd, 2014, 8:28

As you know MGR stated that certain ecu's once configured could not be reused on another vehicle, these were:- engine management ecu's, immobiliser (EWS), IPK's and LSM. Other ecus can be easily swapped and reconfigured with the correct configuration using a T4.
However now those "once only use" ecu's can be reworked to produce an un-configured unit which the T4 is able to program to the car.

So in your example, all i would need is the original EWS, one key with transponder and the second hand ECU to produce a working fully configured plug and play replacement.
All types of T4 Services Available
Diesel 135 and 160 Tune upgrades,
ZCS Coding, Keys Supplied and Programmed,
Rover 1.8T upgrade to 160, ZT V6 160 upgrade to 177
IPK's reflashed and fitted.
Telephone 07538 738070 or email t4.testbook@gmail.com
Phil-T4

Member No: 138
Phil-T4's car profile

Post Number:#3  Post by Scoubix » September 2nd, 2014, 9:41

ok thanks Phil. I'm guessing this can be achieved with both petrol and diesel ECUs?
I don't have this situation right now btw, but it's good to know as I get some queries on this sometimes, as a member of the French Rover club, from other 75 owners. So far my answer has always been "you need to get a new ECU and set it up via T4"...
1999 2.5 V6 Rover 75 Connoisseur - Dealer Launch
2004 4.6 V8 MG ZT-T (the only known auto ZT-T V8)
1993 2.7 V6 Rover 827 Coupé / 1993 Rover 216 GSi / 1975 Rover P6 3500
Scoubix

Member No: 286
Region: France
Scoubix's car profile

Post Number:#4  Post by Phil-T4 » September 2nd, 2014, 11:16

Yes both petrol and diesel EMS systems can be done, the problem is finding GOOD second hand diesel ecu's!
All types of T4 Services Available
Diesel 135 and 160 Tune upgrades,
ZCS Coding, Keys Supplied and Programmed,
Rover 1.8T upgrade to 160, ZT V6 160 upgrade to 177
IPK's reflashed and fitted.
Telephone 07538 738070 or email t4.testbook@gmail.com
Phil-T4

Member No: 138
Phil-T4's car profile

Post Number:#5  Post by Greeners » September 3rd, 2014, 4:18

Phil

One for when you get bored....The traffic master ECU that displays on the message center is now redundant since the system was turned off, could it be reprogrammed for another use ?
David

It's a V8 thing....
Greeners

Member No: 93
Greeners's car profile

Return to T4 Services