LOG ON REQUIRED!!

Sorry, but the menu you just clicked is non-operational for anyone who is not logged in. Already a member? Log on here. Not a member? Register here. There's lots to see and do once you are signed in!

Subscription required!

The Wiki and the VIN Decoder are accessible by subscribed members only. If you are subscribed, you can also choose to hide the WIKI/VIN panel and Quick Links menu

If you would like to subscribe, or simply see more information about subscribing, please click here

Edit your...

Find my posts

PM Options

Edit your...

View Memberlist by....

QUICK LINKS

T4 Help and Someone to Get Their Paws Mucky!

This is a free T4 Operator / owner finding service offered to all owners of 75 / ZT cars.
The map has been set up by Phil-T4 to help owners and he has given us permission to make it available to all.

Post Number:#1  Post by Spike » February 23rd, 2014, 5:45

Hello, Everyone

I'm new here, having been directed from the 'Other Forum', as it was suggested that member RoverT4 or someone else might be able to help me!

I have a much-loved (by the whole family) '03 reg 2.0 CDTi in White Gold. His name is 'Spike' on account of an unfortunate incident with a car park pole the day I got him! But that's for another time...

I have a problem. I have two errors showing up, which firstly my local, trusted garage and then Halfords Autocentre couldn't fix. The first error shows that the rear, off speed sensor is faulty, which is fine, as the front, near one went at the end of last year, so I'm sure that a swap-over for a new one will sort this out. The second error shows 'Valve Relay' fault on ABS pump. Now, the ABS pump was replaced last year at considerable cost under one of those Quentin Wilson policies. Which is nice. On the other forum, somebody suggested that this could be an error due to a bit of moisture in a connection, as he'd seen this recently on another car. It was dried out, reconnected and the fault disappeared. I live in the South West and it certainly has been wet... I get the red brake light on almost permanently and the orange ABS light on fairly consistently on the dashboard.

Although I live in Dawlish (railway line washed away in the news recently) in Devon, I currently work in Wimbledon during the week. So, what I'm hoping is that there's somebody in SW London or Surrey, who can give me some T4 advice and recommend someone who can do the fixy stuff too please. My knowledge of mechanics ended when I lost sight of a distributor cap way back in the late 80s!

Thank you for reading this long tale of woe and I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

James (and 'Spike')
Spike

Member No: 660
Region: France
Spike's car profile

Post Number:#2  Post by KDA4G » February 23rd, 2014, 6:24

Hi James, I have dropped a line to RoverT4 on your behalf.

If you are in South West London any time (not next week, but maybe early March?) let me know.

Thanks
KDA4G
Club staff

Member No: 140
KDA4G's car profile

Post Number:#3  Post by Spike » February 24th, 2014, 10:16

Thanks, KDA4G. I'm in SW London most weeks Monday to Thursday.
Spike

Spike's car profile

Post Number:#4  Post by Zeb » February 24th, 2014, 10:22

Hello and welcome James! I am sure there will be people on here that can point you in the right direction! Once you have 5 posts you will be able to see and do more.
Zeb
Site Admin

Member No: 2
Zeb's car profile

Post Number:#5  Post by Spike » February 24th, 2014, 2:29

Thanks, Zeb. I'm really hoping I can get some help to keep Spike on the road. I've just spent hundreds on servicing, tyres, brakes, etc. before this problem cropped up. My daughter (11) and her friends love the car too - I always get a full house for pick ups at Youth Club because they all want a trip in the 'limousine'...'
Spike

Spike's car profile

Post Number:#6  Post by thomas 75 connie » February 24th, 2014, 2:36

Spike wrote:Thanks, Zeb. I'm really hoping I can get some help to keep Spike on the road. I've just spent hundreds on servicing, tyres, brakes, etc. before this problem cropped up. My daughter (11) and her friends love the car too - I always get a full house for pick ups at Youth Club because they all want a trip in the 'limousine'...'

They obviously have taste then :)
thomas 75 connie

Member No: 584
thomas 75 connie's car profile

Post Number:#7  Post by KDA4G » February 28th, 2014, 11:09

You have a PM....
KDA4G
Club staff

Member No: 140
KDA4G's car profile

Return to T4 Services